This will be my first Christmas on Slimming World and I know it’s only just October but already every supermarket I go into, there they are, begging to be eaten, the mince pies! So I thought, how could I work round the baked oats theme and create a version that was Slimming World friendly and here it is!! The Slimmince Pie!!
Try them, you won’t be disappointed….
Recipe makes 2 cakes
2 cakes = Daily HeB and are 1.5 Syn each (or 4.5 syns each if not using HeB)
- 35g Porridge Oats (HeB)
- 50ml Milk (part of HeA allowance)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- 2 tbsp Sweetener
- 4 tsp Mincemeat
For the Icing
- 1 tbsp Quark
- 2 tsp Sweetener
- 1 tsp Brandy
- Mix the oats, eggs, 2 tablespoons sweetener, milk, orange zest and spices together in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture equally between two cupcake cases (silicon ones work best sprayed with a bit of frylight first)
- Place 2 tsp of mincemeat into the centre of each case of mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile for the icing add the quark, 2 teaspoons of sweetener and brandy to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill and thicken.
- Remove the cakes from the cases, top with quark icing, dust with cinnamon and a curl of orange peel for decoration.
For more cakes just increase the mixtures accordingly. They keep for a few days in an airtight container so make a great treat on cold winter evening with a warm drink.