Cherry Bakewell Tarts are one of my all-time favourite cakes and I loved visiting Bakewell for the best tasting ones. With this in mind I wanted to try and recreate the taste using a Slimming World friendly recipe. After searching the internet and Instagram I settled with this recipe. I must express they are not all my own idea, I just took the idea to the next level. They are so simple to do and make a delicious alternative to the 10 syn original cakes. Give them a go, I am sure you will enjoy!!
Recipe makes 2 cakes
2 cakes = Daily HeB and are 1 Syn each (or 4 syns each if not using HeB)
- 35g Porridge Oats (HeB)
- 50ml Milk (part of HeA allowance)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Almond Flavouring
- 2 tbsp Sweetener
- 2 tsp Cherry or Strawberry Jam
- 1 Glace Cherry (halved)
For the Icing
- 2 tbsp Quark
- 2 tsp Sweetener
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Mix the oats, eggs, 2 tablespoons sweetener, milk and almond flavouring together in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture equally between two cupcake cases (silicon ones work best sprayed with a bit of frylight first)
- Place 1 tsp of jam into the centre of each case of mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile for the icing add the quark, 2 teaspoons of sweetener and vanilla essence to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill and thicken.
- Remove the cakes from the cases, top with quark icing and half a glace cherry each.
For more cakes just increase the mixtures accordingly. They keep for a few days in an airtight container so make a great sweet lunchtime snack.