So many people have asked me how I make the Pizza Omelette look so real so here is the recipe… Of course these are my favourite ingredients but you can change them around to suit your personal preference. Remember, the key to a good omelette, is a good quality frying pan!!
Serves 1 – Syn Free – Extra Easy SP
- 3 Eggs
- 3-4 Mushrooms (sliced)
- Half a tin of Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- Spinach (as much as you like, remember reduces down to nothing when wilted)
- 40g Half Fat Cheese (HeA)
- Sweet Smoked Paprika (normal paprika will do but this has amazing flavour)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Crack the 3 eggs into a jug, season with salt and pepper then whisk up gently to break and mix the yolks.
- Place the tinned tomatoes in a small saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with fry-light butter spray.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook on medium heat until soft and slightly brown
- Turn the heat off the frying pan and add the tinned tomatoes to the mushrooms, give them a stir around the pan to thicken then remove mushrooms and tomatoes out of the pan and set aside in the saucepan.
- At this point it’s best to leave some of the tomato residue in the frying pan.
- Add the spinach to the frying pan and gently heat until wilted then turn out into the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Give the frying pan another spray of fry light then add the eggs, move mixture around the pan to get an even coverage and cook on medium heat.
- Straight away start to fold just the very edges of the omelette in to form a slightly thicker crust. Hopefully the tomato juice will have given the omelette base that golden colour making it look like pizza crust.
- Just before the top of the omelette is set turn off the heat and evenly spread the tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach on top covering right to the edges.
- Top with the cheese, sprinkle with the paprika and then put under a hot grill for about 30 seconds until the cheese is all melted.
- Slide out onto a plate and serve.
With a little practice you can really make this omelette look like a pizza, then once mastered, try changing the toppings around to suit your favourite pizza flavours. The flavours are endless. Have fun and don’t forget to tag me in your pictures of your favourite Pizza Omelette creations.