Month: July 2015
So many people have asked me how I make the Pizza Omelette look so real so here is the recipe… Of course these are my favourite ingredients but you can change them around to suit your personal preference. Remember, the key to a good omelette, is a good quality frying pan!!
Serves 1 – Syn Free – Extra Easy SP
- 3 Eggs
- 3-4 Mushrooms (sliced)
- Half a tin of Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- Spinach (as much as you like, remember reduces down to nothing when wilted)
- 40g Half Fat Cheese (HeA)
- Sweet Smoked Paprika (normal paprika will do but this has amazing flavour)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Crack the 3 eggs into a jug, season with salt and pepper then whisk up gently to break and mix the yolks.
- Place the tinned tomatoes in a small saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with fry-light butter spray.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook on medium heat until soft and slightly brown
- Turn the heat off the frying pan and add the tinned tomatoes to the mushrooms, give them a stir around the pan to thicken then remove mushrooms and tomatoes out of the pan and set aside in the saucepan.
- At this point it’s best to leave some of the tomato residue in the frying pan.
- Add the spinach to the frying pan and gently heat until wilted then turn out into the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Give the frying pan another spray of fry light then add the eggs, move mixture around the pan to get an even coverage and cook on medium heat.
- Straight away start to fold just the very edges of the omelette in to form a slightly thicker crust. Hopefully the tomato juice will have given the omelette base that golden colour making it look like pizza crust.
- Just before the top of the omelette is set turn off the heat and evenly spread the tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach on top covering right to the edges.
- Top with the cheese, sprinkle with the paprika and then put under a hot grill for about 30 seconds until the cheese is all melted.
- Slide out onto a plate and serve.
With a little practice you can really make this omelette look like a pizza, then once mastered, try changing the toppings around to suit your favourite pizza flavours. The flavours are endless. Have fun and don’t forget to tag me in your pictures of your favourite Pizza Omelette creations.
I know, I know it’s been far too long since I last wrote anything. I am so sorry it’s just been a bit busy with life and when I have had the time to write something, I haven’t had the energy. Anyway, what’s been happening? Well it’s more a case of, where do I start! Last Thursdays weigh in was a huge success and the first major milestone in my journey to a slimmer me. I needed to lose 4.5 pounds and I went and lost 4.5 pounds which got me my 2.5 stone award, slimmer of the week (again) and most importantly my Club10 award for losing 10% of my body weight. All this in just 10 weeks is something I never dreamed could be possible. Here’s to the next 10 weeks!!
So what else has happened…My parents now know that I am doing Slimming World, yes they finely noticed, so now that’s both sets of parents know and my best friends too. They are all very pleased and supportive of my decision to finally do something about my weight and health. Now comes the constant questions asking how much I’ve lost today, everyday lol, bless! You may have seen that we’ve had a new puppy too, I have posted a photo on my media sites. He’s a black Labrador, his name is Buzz and he will be a new brother/companion for my other yellow Labrador called Woody. “I see a theme here” I hear you say, Woody & Buzz? Toy Story? To infinity and beyond!! Yep, he will count himself lucky as also on the shortlist was Ham and Mr Potato Head! If we had had a girl then she was going to be called Jessie, unfortunately there wasn’t a black girl to match my specific criteria but bizarrely the mom is called Jessie too. Little Buzz is the reason I have been a bit too tired to do anything lately. I forgot how demanding and tiring the nights can be, not to mention the mess in the crate all the time! I will be glad when we are past the toilet training stage and I can start to get him out in the world then the real fun of gundog training starts. I just hope that the tiredness and lack of motivation for anything other than sleep doesn’t effect my weight loss too much this week, I have stayed on plan and optimised 100% as always however, I can’t help feeling like it will only be a small loss this week but “a loss is a loss” as they say and whatever it will be, it will be gone for good!
Well, little Buzz is sound asleep in his crate so I guess I must go get some sleep in before the baby wakes again. Thanks for reading this and more importantly thank you for continuing to follow my blog even though it’s been non existent as of late. Your continued support here, on Instagram and on Twitter is what keeps me inspired to push on with my amazing journey, and what a journey it has been so far.
Good luck to all my fellow Thursday weigh day friends, here’s to big losses and continued success.
Speak soon, I promise