I got the idea for this recipe from my Slimming World Consultant, then changed the ingredients. I have to say it’s got to be the best Slimming World recipe invention I have tried to date. Truly delicious, warm or cold!!
Serves 4 – Syn Free
- 3 Leeks (chopped finely)
- 150g Chestnut Mushrooms (chopped finely)
- 200g Lean Smoked Bacon (visible fat removed & cut into aprox 1cm pieces)
- 2 packets Batchelors Chicken & Mushroom Super Pasta n Sauce
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 300g Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 4 tbsp Finely chopped or dried Parsley
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Cook the Batchelors Pasta n Sauce as instructed but with water only, do not add the milk or butter. Once cooked, put aside to cool and thicken.
- Spray a large frying pan or wok with fry light then add the chopped bacon and cook on medium heat.
- Once the bacon is cooked add the leeks, mushrooms, garlic and 2 of 3 tbsp of parsley and stir fry until leeks are soft. Stir in the paprika and season to taste then set aside.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly together the eggs, cottage cheese and remainder of parsley.
- Using a large flan or pie dish layer the bottom of the dish with the pasta n sauce and flatten down evenly.
- Spoon the leeks, mushroom and bacon on top of the pasta and then pour the egg mixture over completely covering the leeks.
- Top with the tomato halves and bake in the oven for about 25-30 mins or until nicely golden on top and set.
- Once cooked remove from oven and leave to cool before serving.
Tip: If left to cool first the quiche will hold its shape when cutting and serving. Can also be chilled in fridge overnight and served with a salad or in lunch boxes.