Ok so I found the idea for this recipe on another blog page and thought I’d give it a try as I love salt ‘n pepper chicken from the Chinese takeaway but it has so many syns!!! This idea of using Smash is a revolution believe me and even better, its Syn Free!!
Serves 4 (as a side dish) or 2 (as a main course with rice or noodles)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (sliced into small strips)
- Smash (instant potato mash granules)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Red Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Small Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Small Red Chilli (deseeded & finely sliced)
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Add some Smash granules to a dish and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Crack the eggs into another dish and lightly whisk with a fork until mixed.
- Take a chicken strip at a time, dip it into the egg and then roll it around the Smash to cover, repeat again ensuring the chicken is completely coated.
- Place the coated chicken breast strips on a baking tray sprayed with Frylight and put in a preheated oven on 200 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile spray a wok (or frying pan) with Frylight Spray, add the peppers, onions, chilli, Chinese five spice & soy sauce and stir fry on high heat for about 8 minutes until the peppers and onions are softened.
- When the chicken is cooked and crispy toss it into the wok with the vegetables and then serve immediately.