We all love our Slimming World burgers but for an extra speed food alternative try replacing your bread rolls with Portobello mushrooms for a tasty, healthy and extra speedy filling meal.
Serves 4 (Syn Free)
- 500g Lean Beef Mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 Small Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- 8 Large Portobello Mushrooms (peeled and stalks removed)
- 4 Bacon Medallions (visible fat removed)
- 120g Cheddar Cheese (30g of Healthy extra A allowance per burger)
- 1 Large Tomato (sliced)
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the mince, onions, garlic, parsley and a generous dash of Worcestershire sauce into a bowl and blend until just mixed.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into burgers (use a burger press for best results)
- Spray the burgers with Fry Light and grill on high heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Once the burgers are nearly cooked add the bacon medallions to the grill and cook for a few minutes on both sides.
- Meanwhile, spray both sides of the Portobello mushrooms and place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for around ten minutes until softened and cooked through.
- Once cooked, place a mushroom on the plate inside face up, add some spinach leaves and a 30g slice of cheese (you can melt this under the grill if required) then add a burger, a bacon rasher, a slice of tomato and top with another mushroom face down.
- Repeat for the other burgers and serve with a fresh salad and some SW chips of your choice.