A delicious, quick pasta meal with a slight kick, that is full of speed food.
Serves 2 (SynFree)
- 200g Dried Pasta (I normally use Penne)
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped)
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes (whole or halved)
- Handful of Fresh Spinach Leaf
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Medium Red Chilli (halved, deseeded & finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsps Paprika
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- Set a deep pan of generously salted water on the hob to boil.
- Spray a frying pan (or wok) with Frylight Olive Spray, add the peppers, chilli and garlic and stir fry on medium heat until the peppers are softened and slightly roasted.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, oregano, basil, Worcestershire sauce and paprika, bring them up to a gentle simmer, then add the cherry tomatoes and spinach, season generously with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Meanwhile toss the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just ‘el dente’ firm to the bite, immediately drain and then add the pasta to the sauce and mix in well ensuring all of the pasta gets coated with the sauce.
- Once completed coated, serve immediately and garnish with a fresh parsley.