Only those who have never tried and tasted this would raise an eyebrow. Try it, you won’t regret it and will definitely be back to cook it again.
- 1-1.5kg Unsmoked Gammon Joint (without skin)
- 2 ltr Diet Cola
- 1 Onion (peeled and cut in half)
- Put the gammon joint into a deep pan, add the onion and completely cover in the diet cola.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a gentle simmer, place the lid lightly on top and leave to simmer for approximately 2hrs.
- Once the ham is cooked, remove from the pan onto a plate and allow to stand whilst you prepare your accompanying ingredients.
I served mine carved on a plate with Slimming World Style sweet potato chips, roasted on-the-vine tomatoes, a fried egg and a grilled flat mushroom. It could also be left to fully cool and then sliced and served with salad.